Very Japanese or not?


09022011bar
Originally uploaded by Yuki47
My sister is working at Hotel in Japan. She told me that she checked yes on the survey for employees asking "When someone has opposite opinion from yours, are you going to repel?" She was told she needs to change that to be promoted.

I don't think the answer she gave was that bad...

It depends, doesn’t it?
If someone said something obviously wrong (like “you never should say no to your boss even though he is asking you a blow job” or something like that), I think you are likely to refuse to accept and it’s okay.
Although someone was just saying his opinion which was the opposite of your thoughts (like “I think we should promote this to attract more customers”) you can discuss/say what you think, but don’t have to be “against” him.

My opinion is that it is very silly to rely all on the survey answers to decide someone’s personality to hire the person. Because survey questions are usually quite vague, also you can’t judge the most complicated animals on the earth by yes/no questions.

I thought this is very Japanese, don't you think? Everyone has to be the same, have to follow what company (or more likely older people) says. NO EXCEPTIONS.

By the way, I gave up writing about the events happened while I abandoned this blog. TOO BUSY! :( (and it’s already 2010, the most important thing is the future not the past :P)

0 comments: